Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the Department for International Tax Cooperation provide me with a current list of Cayman Islands Tax Information Exchange Agreements/Arrangements (“TIEAs”)?
- Yes, these can be found on the Tax Information Assistance page of our website.
(Click HERE to view TIEAs)
- Does the Department for International Tax Cooperation have a Publication Scheme?
- Yes, this contains further information about us and may be viewed HERE.
- Is the Tax Information Authority a tax administration or revenue agency?
Queries in relation to specific revenue matters should be directed to the relevant Government agency. For example:
For information on imports/exports and tariffs - Cayman Islands Customs; information on Tourist accommodation tax (Tel: (345) 949-0623) - Cayman Islands Department of Tourism.
- Is the Department for International Tax Cooperation part of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
- No, CIMA is the Cayman Islands financial services regulator and is also responsible for
the Cayman Islands Currency Board. For more information about CIMA, please visit their website at www.cimoney.com.ky.
- Can the Department for International Tax Cooperation provide a Company Tax Exemption Certificate?
- No, these are issued by the Cabinet Office.
(Tel: (345) 244-2208 or (345) 244-2210, website: www.cabinetoffice.gov.ky)
- Are there any boards or committees within the Department for International Tax Cooperation?